[Insight-users] how can I use the newmat C++ library for matrix operations

Seniha Esen Yuksel eseny99 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 28 22:50:50 EDT 2005

Hi all,
Do you know the newmat C++ library? It is a free matrix library http://www.robertnz.net/ol_doc.htm  and it allows you to do the matrix operations as if you are doing in matlab (such as C=A+B ).

Anyways, I wanted to include this into my project, but I figured that in newmat.h, there is a class called MartixType such as:

class MatrixType
{
public:
   enum Attribute {  .....

Well, also the itkRigid2DTransform.txx has such stuff  :-(

such as:
template<class TScalarType>
void
Rigid2DTransform<TScalarType>::
SetRotationMatrix(const MatrixType & matrix )
{
  itkDebugMacro("setting  m_RotationMatrix  to " << matrix );
  // The matrix must be orthogonal otherwise it is not
  // representing a valid rotaion in 2D space
  typename MatrixType::InternalMatrixType test =
    matrix.GetVnlMatrix() * matrix.GetTranspose();

Any easy way to get around this problem? Help will be very much appreciated,

Thanks a lot,
Seniha