[Insight-users] Building ITK 1.6 fails on Win32/MingW with gcc 3.4

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Apr 4 09:33:29 EDT 2006

Hi Hendrik

You probably have missed to set up the environment variables CC and CXX
before running CMake. by missing to set up the CC and CXX environment
variables you may be asking your C compiler to compile C++ code...

Please remove the binary directory that you created so far for ITK,
and read the instructions on how to install the toolkit.

You will find step-by-step guidelines in the Tutorials:

http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

In particular in the session:

"Getting Started I: Introduction to ITK."
http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStartedI-WebPage/index.htm

as well as in the ITK Software Guide

    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

BTW:

   I would *strongly* recommend you to move to ITK 2.6
   instead of using ITK 1.6 which is a really old release.