[Insight-users] time step in itkLevelSetFunction

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Apr 4 09:36:44 EDT 2006

Hi Valerie,

The basic heuristic for selecting the time step
of the Level Set Function is that during one
iteration of the LevelSet field computation,
the LevelSet front should never advance more
than one pixel.

Note that the time step could have always been
taken smaller, at the cost of requiring more
iterations for a LevelSet to advance a certain
distance in the physical space of the image.