[Insight-users] Slice location question

xiran ericye2007 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 05:27:47 EDT 2006

Dear all,

I have two questions about slice locations of Dicom series that mystify me
for a while.
1.
When using itkImageSeriesReader, files in a directory can be packed into a
single volume. If the distance between slices is constant,   SetSpacing will
be fine. If the distances between neigbouring slices are variational, how
should I assign distance information to the volume?

2.
When Dicom files in a directory are packed into a volume, what method I
should adopt to extract a single slice along Z direction for displaying
purpose with slice location attached? [I have read chapter 11 about
iterators, but I still find no way]

Thanks.