[Insight-users] updating advection and propagation images in each iteration (levelset segmentation)

alireza akhundi asl a_akhundi at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 17 03:23:54 EDT 2006

Hi
  Active contours without edge is just an example. Suppose that you want to use parzen window to estimate pdf of the regions so you need to compute these pdf's in each iteration. to do this you have to Update advection fields an propagation speeds.  i just want to now which class is good place to start.
  Alireza

Pingkun Yan <pingkun.yan at gmail.com> wrote:
  Hi, why do you need to update advection and propagation every
iteration? That will be very inefficient. Probably you can refer to
ITK_SNAP in the ITK applications. There is an implementation of
region-based level set segmentation. Though it is not exactly like the
active contour without edges (Chan and Vese, 2001), it is very
similar.

HTH,
Pingkun