[Insight-users] Using filter with an Image with scalars of type short doesn't compile

Chase Yarbrough vergil at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 14:30:07 EDT 2006

Hello,

I want to use the filter itkMinMaxCurvatureFlowFilter on an image that has
scalars of type short.  I am compiling with the Visual Studio .NET 2003
compiler.  I am getting the error that a call to std::sqrt inside of the
filter is ambiguous, listing a few options with double or float parameters.
Do I need to convert all of my scalars to double or float, or is there
another way around this?  If I do have to convert them all, how can I do
that?

Thanks,
Chase Yarbrough