[Insight-users] Question about ConfidenceConnectedImageFilter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Apr 18 09:28:33 EDT 2006

Hi Teo,

ITK region growing algorithms are all based on the use of
the flood fill iterator.

If you want to contribute a flood filling algorithm based
on scan line we will be happy to include it in the toolkit.

Keep in mind that the mechanism for contributing material
to the toolkit is to submit a technical report along with
source code, tests and images to the Insight Journal.

Note that it is preferable to have algorithms that are implemented
for N-Dimensional images since ITK is N-Dimensional in nature.

Please be careful with claiming that algorithm A is "faster"
than algorithm B. The only way to support such claims is to
provide a controlled test in the form of an open source
example that any other user can run in her/his own machines.

Claims of algorithms being "better than others" is the corrupted
signature of the Dinosauric era of traditional publishing in Vanity
Journals where no proofs were expected for such claims.  In our open
source community we prefer to verify experimentally every claim in
controlled conditions.