[Insight-users] WrapITK python bindings and GradientAnisotropicDiffusion with 3D float input

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Tue Apr 18 11:18:43 EDT 2006

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 16:39:44 +0200, Kalle Pahajoki <kalpaha at st.jyu.fi>
wrote:

>> PS: Note that you should import itkvtk rather than ItkVtkGlue: it add
>> the VTKImageToImageFilter and ImageToVTKImageFilter in the itk module,
>> so it's more simple to use :-)
> Ok. Although I do that a lot, to try to cut down on the load time, i.e.
> import ITKBasicAlgorithmsA (or somethng like that) and then use
> ITKBasicAlgorithmsA.something instead of itk.something. If they all add
> the classes to the itk module, then it would indeed be cleaner to use
> that.

We are in the way of breaking the current modules (ITKCommonA, ITKCommonA,
ITKBasicFiltersA, ...) in more modules which will group classes in a
better way. The user will be able to build only the relevent subpart of
WrapITK for his need. He will be able to load only a consistent subpart,
etc.
Given the early stage of development, I don't think we will keep the old
modules content, so we will break your code here, and so I would not
recommend you to use the submodules :-/
Zach, what do you think of this backward compatibility problem ?

Using a recent version of swig should also help us a lot to decrease

Gaetan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann
INRA de Jouy-en-Josas (France)