[Insight-users] use of ITK sample images

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Apr 18 13:17:57 EDT 2006

Hi Gary,

Yes, you can use any of the images distributed with ITK as part
of the release of your commecial package. The images are covered
by the same license (BSD-like) as the ITK source code.

Note that some images in the ITK distribution were taken from
third sources. You are also allowed to distribute those images,
but it will be appropriate to give credit to the original image
providers (e.g. BrainWeb project...)

A README.txt file in the directory where you put your images in
your software distribution will be an good place for placing the
acknowledgements for the image providers.