[Insight-users] Xiaoming: new insight user problem running helloworld

yiming yin yimingyinster at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 17:54:49 EDT 2006

Hello everyone, i am very new to insight and C++. This might be a very
stupid question, but I couldn't get hello world to compile. I followed what
the documentation of Insight and CMake said, however, whenever I compile
HelloWorld.dsw under  C:\Insight\InsightToolkit-2.6.0\Examples\Installation,
it gives me this error on MS Visual Studio 6:

*Compiling...
HelloWorld.cxx
c:\insight\insighttoolkit-2.6.0\examples\installation\helloworld.cxx(10) :
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'itkImage.h': No such file or
directory
Error executing cl.exe.*

*HelloWorld.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)*

Then I decided to copy cMakelist.txt and HelloWorld.cxx to a new directory,
C:\Insight\InsightToolkit-2.6.0\Examples\xiaoming_1, when I try to compile
HelloWorld.dsw in that directory, this is the error that I get:

*--------------------Configuration: HelloWorld - Win32
Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "ITKCommon.lib"
Error executing link.exe.*

*ALL_BUILD - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)*

I am hoping I can get some advice on solving this problem. Thank you and
have a great weekend

Sincerely

Xiaoming