[Insight-users]Accessing pixel data in png file

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Apr 28 12:13:41 EDT 2006

Hi Siddrarth,

Did you called Update() in the reader before calling GetPixel() ?

How are you getting the index range for GetPixel() ?
are you taking it from LargestPossible region ?

Why are you using GetPixel() instead of using ImageIterators ?
GetPixel() is very slow compared to ImageIterators.

You may find useful to look at the Image Iterators chapter
in the ITK Software Guide

      http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

Section 11.3, "Image Iterators", pdf-page 738-776.