[Insight-users] why not ITK can read the spacing

Markus Weigert m.weigert at fz-juelich.de
Fri Apr 28 12:20:51 EDT 2006

Hi Luis,

he may be right.
I also encountered problems when reading certain
DICOM - MR - files and rendering the volume using the SliceView class.
Sometimes, the spacing is set to a value of 1.0 in z - direction,
although this is apparently wrong.
Using non itk - programms to display the image,
it is shown in the right way.

Regards,
Markus

Luis Ibanez wrote:
<
<
<Hi Yixun,
<
<What lead you to think that the value of spacing[2] is incorrect ?
<
<Are you comparing the value of spacing[2] against the value in
<the DICOM header ?
<
<
<If so, then it is normal that they differ.
<
<The spacing[2] is computed using the difference in
<origin between consecutive slices. This value does not
<have to match the spacing value in the DICOM header.
<
<
<
< Regards,