[Insight-users] Re: Image or Mesh to Tubes

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Aug 2 10:17:15 EDT 2006

Kevin,

As you pointed out, if you want to fit a tree-tubular structure
to the neurons in your image, doing this in a progressive manner
is the way to go.

You could start by fitting a tube to the trunk of the dendrite,
then from it start adding/fitting tube to the next level of
branching, and so on. In this way you will only be fitting one
tube at a time, and one of the tube ends will be almost anchored
in the parent of the tree structure.

I'm sure Julien and Stephen will provide much valuable input
on how to do this efficiently.