[Insight-users] Re: Image or Mesh to Tubes

Julien Jomier julien.jomier at kitware.com
Wed Aug 2 11:13:17 EDT 2006

Hi Kevin,

As Luis pointed out. This is exactly the model-to-image approach we have
been developing to fit a pre-operative vascular model to an
intra/post-operative image volume.

Do you plan to use a rigid or deformable transformations?
Are you interested in model-to-image registration or do you investigate
model-to-model registration as well?

In our approach we first do a global rigid alignment then a piece-wise
rigid alignment of each branch starting from the trunk, then we perform
a fully deformable registration.

More information can be found about in these papers:

Aylward S, Jomier J, Weeks S, Bullitt E, "Registration of Vascular
Images," International Journal of Computer Vision, March 2003, pages 15

Jomier J, Aylward S, "Rigid and Deformable Vasculature-to-Image
Registration: A Hierarchical Approach", MICCAI 2004

Let us know if you need more information,

Julien