[Insight-users] looking for trilinear interpolator

Martin Urschler urschler at icg.tu-graz.ac.at
Sat Aug 5 04:32:12 EDT 2006

Shahabuddin Ansari wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am not satisfied with the results of 3D rigid registration between two
> brain MRIs using linear as well as nearest neigbor interpolator. I
> wanted to use trilinear interpolator in 3D rigid registeration. Could
> somebody guide where can I get it or any other suggestion? I appreciate it.

hello,

If you have tried linear interpolation on a 3D volume, then you already
performed trilinear interpolation. Trilinear simply means linear
interpolation in all three coordinate directions. More accurate
interpolation methods would be BSplineInterpolation or
WindowedSincInterpolation, however, these methods come at a much higher
computational cost and might need additional memory. Especially on large
3D volumes, you might run out of memory with the BSpline interpolator.

regards,
Martin