[Insight-users] Vectors field and Paraview ?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Aug 7 12:01:12 EDT 2006

Hi Remi,

Please read the ITK Software Guide:

    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

in partcular the Image Registration chapter, and
section 8.3.1 "Direction of the Transform Mapping"
in pdf-page 358.

ITK Transforms *always* convert points from the
Fixed image space into point in the Moving image
space. The rational for doing so is presented in
detail in that section of the Software Guide.

It comes down to the fact that after finishing
the registration you want to resample the moving
image into the space of the fixed image, and
that is done by visiting all the pixels in the
*FIXED* image and finding their corresponding
intensity in the moving image.

You may want to look at the code of the
ResampleImageFilter and the WarpImageFilter.
The second one is the one that you will use
after a deformable registration.

Please read that section of the Software Guide
and let us know if you have any questions.