[Insight-users] How to write Volume Data into DICOM Images?

jimmy jimmy_lab at 163.com
Wed Aug 9 08:50:13 EDT 2006

Dear all:

ITK software Guide said that MetaDataDictionary should be contained to write Volume data into DICOM images.
Because MetaDataDictionary includes the DICOM header.

The code is:
seriesWriter->SetMetaDataDictionaryArray(reader->GetMetaDataDictionaryArray());
Here [seriesWriter] is an point of ImageSeriesWriter and [reader] is an point of ImageSeriesReader.

But I didn't got an ImageSeriesReader.   What I have now is an itkimagedata called [image3D]
That means I couldn't  have the MetaDataDictionary which is necessary for the DICOM series Writer.

How can I get the MetaDataDictionary?

Can I use the following code?
seriesWriter->SetMetaDataDictionary( Image3D->GetMetaDataDictionary());

Does the Image3D->GetMetaDataDictionary() satisfied with the need of seriesWriter?
Does it contain the info of the Header of DICOM Images?

Thanks.

        jimmy
        jimmy_lab at 163.com
          2006-08-09