[Insight-users] fatal error LNK1104 while building the projects

Sundeep Gupta sandeep.gupta at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Aug 11 14:03:58 EDT 2006

Hi All

I am a quiet new user of the software, so unknown about
many things. Major problems I am facing are:

1) After running the CMake 2.4 for testing and further
processing for creating *.sln file in binary folder(for
e.g.I did for Watershed_segmentation1), it invokes many
*.cxx file and we have to provide in the source directory
all the files from various paths which is a cumbersome job.

2) Then it throws many errors while building of the any
project embeded in *.sln solution. The major problem I have
encountered is it contains the name of the subfolder in
which the header files are located (for e.g. vcl/*.h). We
not only have to provide paths for various header files but
also have to remove the subfolder/ name before the header
files.

3) While compiling and building the Watershed_segmentation1
project, after fixing the various bugs at the end I got the
message " fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
'ITKAlgorithms.lib'". But this file is present in the
configuration Properties/linker/input path of the project
properties.

I got the similar error message when I was trying to build
another project for MorphologicalGradientImageFilterTest
using itkMorphologicalGradientImageFilterTest.cxx and
CMakeLists.txt. But at the end it thrown the message that
"fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'ITKIO.lib' ". But
this file is present in the
configuration Properties/linker/input path of the project
properties.

I request you to kindly help me for the above problems.

Thanks and regards,

Sandeep