[Insight-users] Compiler recommendation for windows

Kalle Pahajoki kalpaha at st.jyu.fi
Mon Aug 14 03:02:02 EDT 2006

Hi

I'm trying to get the combination of VTK + ITK + WrapITK with Python
scripting for both VTK and ITK working on Windows. I can get both VTK
and ITK to compile with MinGW and also with the free compiler by
Microsoft. The problem is in getting WrapITK compiled. IIRC it's
impossible with MinGW, and the VC++ 8.0 is bailing out on  a piece of
code in ITK.

I've reported the error, but after this much banging my head in the
wall, I'm considering buying a compiler if that's what it takes to get
the system built.

So, can someone recommend a compiler that is known to handle the VTK +
ITK + WrapITK combination? Are there any?

Kalle