[Insight-users] Tiff reading problem

Nicolas Fête itk at fete.ch
Mon Aug 14 07:10:54 EDT 2006

Hi,
    I'm trying to read a 12 bits leica confocal microscope image with ITK
(values acquired by Leica Microscope on 12 bits, but seems to be 16bits
saved). As encountered by several itk users, I get a warning when trying to
open it. Here it is:

...> TIFFReadDirectory: Warning, testNotOK.tif: unknown field with tag 33923
(0x8483) encountered.

I opened the Tiff image under ImageJ (did it successfully) and saved the
image again in Tiff format, try my program on it and it worked, i.e he
computed the max and min values of the image (check w/ Matlab, values are
the same). Fine ! ^^
When trying on the original Leica Tiff image, program doesn't crash but
values displayed are 0. If I display all value of image, values are null
too. Oye...
So, what's up ? Is there a bug in the tiffreader or did I forget something ?
Seems that original image colortype is 'indexed' and ImageJ saved tiff
'grayscale'. Does it play a role ?
I'm working under Windows XP 64, with Visual Studio 2005 and ITK 2.4.0.
Compiling in x32, not yet x64
The links:

Original image: http://ldcs.epfl.ch/itk/testNotOk.tif and Matlab information
on it: http://ldcs.epfl.ch/itk/testNotOk.txt
ImageJ saved image: http://ldcs.epfl.ch/itk/testOk.tif and Matlab
information on it: http://ldcs.epfl.ch/itk/testOk.txt

Anyone does have a solution ? :) nicolas