[Insight-users] Re: Optimzers and metrics for point set to point

Harry Hoellig h.hoellig at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Mon Aug 14 06:38:07 EDT 2006

Hi,

thank you very much for your answer.

Indeed I'm using the ICP (I should have explained it more deeply), but
instead of the translation transform used in the example to perform the
registration I want to use several transforms with more degrees of
freedom like rigid, similarity and affine transforms.

So when I simply change the transform type to these tranforms, the
LevenbergMarquardtOptimizer seems to destroy the transform matrices.
That's why I'm looking for optimizers that are capable of optimizing
these transforms (I only found the VersorRigid3DTransformOptimizer with
the problem stated before)...So, are there any optimizers which I can
use with these transforms?

Thanks,
Harry