[Insight-users] Error reading images with negative values

Xin Guan xinvar at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 11:05:31 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm using ITK image IO to read images. MRI images are okay, but CT images --
no matter it's DICOM or converted Analyze files -- always gave some weird
images. The actual pixel value range is  -16330 to 3000, but the loaded
image has a range of 0 to 4094. It seems that part of the negative values
were simply negated to positive. The error remains the same regardless of
the pixel type specified -- signed short or float.

I followed ITK example DicomSeriesReadSeriesWrite and Image2 (
itk::ImageFileReader).

I'd appreciate any help on this. Thanks in advance.

- xin