[Insight-users] GroupSpatialObject

Kajetan Berlinger kaje at kaje.info
Mon Aug 21 17:53:17 EDT 2006

Hello,

I want to realize within a 2D-2D registration application, that only some
regions (blobs) are used for metric computation. Therefore, per blob I
created an object of type itkBlobSpatialObject and added it to an object of
type itkGroupSpatialObject, in order to have one spatial object, which
contains all the information. I set this spatial object by using
metric->SetFixedImageMask(groupSpatialObject) to the current metric object.
But in every iteration 0 pixels are considered for computing the similarity
measure.

I think the problem is, that in the metrics computation classes (e.g.
NormalizedCorrelationImageToImageMetric) the IsIndide(..) method of the
spatial object is called without taking into account its depth. And therefore
the added blobs are never considered as points of the spatial object, because
the depth is by default 0.

Don't know if this is a bug or if there is something wrong the way I want to
realize it?

Many thanks for your help!
Kaj