[Insight-users] Resampling an image after a rigid body 3D registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Aug 28 11:43:41 EDT 2006

Hi Remi,

There are several Rotation Transforms in ITK.

For a full list of Transforms please refer to the following
Doxygen page:

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/group__Transforms.html

And to the ITK Software Guide

     http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

Section 8.8 "Transforms" in pdf-pages 424-442.

The transform that you probably want to use is the  VersorTransform,
or the VersorRigid3DTransform.

Note also that, since you already have a matrix, you could simply
use the itkAffineTransform that accepts a matrix and offset as
parameters. The transformation will be restricted to a rigid transfor
As long as your matrix is orthogonal.

For the family of Rigid Transforms please look at:

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1Rigid3DTransform.html

For examples on how to resample an image using the ResampleImageFilter
and the ITK Transforms please look at the ITK Softwar Guide in section
  6.9.4 "Resample Image Filter" in pdf-pages 254-284.

The source code of all the examples can be found in the directory

          Insight/Examples/Filtering/
                   ResampleImageFilter.cxx
                   ResampleImageFilter2.cxx
                   ResampleImageFilter3.cxx