[Insight-users] Edge tracking?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Aug 28 12:29:56 EDT 2006

Hi Jordi,

Unfortunately ITK doesn't have such a filter.

It will be a very useful filter to have though.

A typical algorithm for implementing this filter could be:

1) use a RegionIterator for going trhough the image until
    a first pixel is found to be inside the segmentation.
    Use that pixel as starting point for the path.

2) from that pixel start testing the neighbors clockwise,
    and taking the first neighbor that is inside the segmented
    object. Then push the currnt index into the itkPath, and
    move to the neigbor just found.

Such a filter would be a nice contribution to the Insight Journal.

Please let us know if you are interested in implementing this
filter. We will be happy to asist you in the process.