[Insight-users] Edge tracking?

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 29 15:04:53 EDT 2006

Hello,

I submitted a 2D 'marching squares' alogrithm to the Insight Journal
a while ago. It produces itk::PolyLineParametricPath objects from an
image -- one path per contour detected. So if you have a segmented
image with values 0 and 255 (say), you could use this filter to
extract paths corresponding to the image contour at 127.5.

The paths are calculated at sub-pixel precision, so the result isn't
a list of pixels like the algorithm Luis suggested below, but it
shouldn't be hard to get what you want (curve integral) out of a
PolyLineParametricPath.

http://insight-journal.org/dspace/handle/1926/165

Let me know if you have any questions.

Zach