[Insight-users] Scalar bar in ParaView

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Aug 28 12:56:06 EDT 2006

Hi Remi,

The example

       Insight/Examples/Registration/
                 DeformableRegistration3.cxx

Uses a variation of the DemonsRegistrationFilter.

Therefore the units of the vectors in the deformation
field will be the *same* units used for representing
spacing in the two input images.

That is, if your input images are CT scans and the
spacing is given in millimeters, then the values of
vector components in the pixels of the deformation
field will also be given in millimeters.

If your input images are from Microscopy and the
spacing is given in microns, then the values of
vector components in the pixels of the deformation
field will also be given in microns.

Registration in ITK is always performed in the
Physical space, never using pixels as units.