[Insight-users] gdcm/gipl bug

Stefan Klein stefan at isi.uu.nl
Thu Aug 31 04:15:33 EDT 2006

Hi,

I think this is a bug:

When I write an image as .gipl and try to read it with an ImageFileReader
(without explicitly specifying an ImageIO) I get a Segmentation Fault. A
try/catch block does not catch it, so it's not an itkExceptionObject.

Debugging reveals that the .gipl image is recognised as a DICOM image by
the GDCM lib. At line 636 of the file gdcmDocument.cxx the program enters
the if block since zero=0x0002 and consequently returns true (indicating
that it is able to read the file). After that, when it is actually reading
the file it goes (of course) wrong.

Is it a known bug? And is there a solution?

I'm using ITK 2.8.1and the problem occurs on windows and linux.

Kind regards,
Stefan