[Insight-users] VTK -itkReadITKImage3DSegmentShowVTK -hardware problem

mariusz_smch at poczta.fm mariusz_smch at poczta.fm
Mon Jan 9 02:07:52 EST 2006

Hi all

I Have 53 Dicom 2D slices I put them into 3D image segment and Show using:
itkReadITKImage3DSegmentShowVTK

I use itk::BinaryThresholdImageFilter for segmentation when I use:
lowerThreshold=39
upperThreshold=49
after writing file by the vtkPolyDataWriter sometimes he has god over 100MB (event 200MB) and then I'm almost sure that the program crash it hapend when:
 renwin->Render()(when vtk start rendering).
Sometimes system (Windows XP) show me mesage that command writer try to write outside allowed redion of memory, and then program cash.
After Render() starts he use all the time hard disc, and system give me message that: virtual memory is very small

My question is
If I have Hardwere:
processor= 1.5GHz
memory= 256MB (DDR)
Disc (diviedy on two equal part)=40GB
system =Windows XP
graphic card =ATI Radeon(with 32MB on board) -i gues it has over 5 years

With part could mame those problem
It looks like he have got to small memory becouse he use as I mention all the time he use hard disc.
Or my graphic card is to week.

Regard
Mariusz.