[Insight-users] deformable registration in binary image

Roger Alvaredo roger.alvaredo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 12:44:00 EST 2006

Hi!

I tested  deformableRegistration7.cxx or deformableRegistration8.cxx in
MRI's and they work correctly. Now I would like to re adapt def8 for working
with binary images.

I change the metric to MatcthCardinality and the interpolator to
NearestNeighbor.

In the case of the metric I add the method:  metric->MeasureMatchesOff()
because the optimizer minimizes the metric, and I remove the lines of
MattesMutualInformation as the number of histograms and so on. It is ok??

So, I would like to know...:

1. Advantatges and disvantatges of each one (def7 and def8).
2. I have a problem because the change of metric...:
The initial values are: GetValue()= 0.0709776and
GetInfinityNormOfProjectedGradient()=0
why is 0 the norm? it stops before doing an iteration for this...

Any advice?

Thanks!