[Insight-users] 3D Vessel Extraction and Measurement

Iván Macía imacia at vicomtech.es
Mon Jan 16 13:07:00 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to perform vessel segmentation on MR liver images using some kind
of medialness function to detect vessel centerlines and estimate radius
similar to the work of Krissian et al. on "Model Based Detection of Tubular
Structures on 3D Images".

I have found in itk classes for Hessian Matrix computation
(HessianRecursiveGaussianImageFilter) and measures of vesselness based on
the eigenvalues of the Hessian Matrix
(Hessian3DToVesselnessMeasureImageFilter). I have also found a
VesselTubeSpatialObject suitable to represent the vessel information. But it
does not seem to be a class suitable for estimation of vessel medialness,
radius and some other properties.

I would like to know if there is any algorithm in itk that I could use, if
someone is working on it or some advice that could be useful to implement
one (probably in the form of an ImageToImageFilter).

Thanks in advance for your help

Iván Macía