[Insight-users] Re: [Insight-developers] GDCM update / JPEG2000 (OpenJPEG)

Julien Jomier jjomier at cs.unc.edu
Tue Jan 17 13:51:56 EST 2006

Hi Math,

Will the new library replace the current itkjpeg or does it just provide
support for JPEG2000?

What amount of disk space is involved (source only)?
I think we are always in favor of adding new IO libraries in ITK as long as:
   a) it doesn't take too much disk space
   b) it's easy to maintain

Since you are using it in GDCM I guess (b) is not a problem.

Another option is to add an option in CMake to use the library externally.

my two cents,

Julien