[Insight-users] Problem writing small images

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jan 18 08:16:42 EST 2006

Hi Chis,

What happens is that the PNGImageIO checks the image region that
it is about to write, and when it finds that the size of the image
along a particular direction is just 1 pixel, it assumes that this
is a degenerate image and considers it to be of dimension N-1.

   It is arguable whether this is a correct behavior or not...

 From the pragmatic point of view, I would suggest you to simply not
use PNG. For such small images, you may find more useful to use the
MetaImage file format.

For small images, you don't need the PNG compression, so there is
not much that PNG is doing for you at this point, except for making
hard for you to save the small images.

Please let us know if you have further questions,