[Insight-users] Manual drawing on fltkimage viewer display

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Jan 20 15:06:00 EST 2006

Hi Suja,

It will be great if you want to add this Polygon-Drawing
functionalities to the FLTK viewer in Insight Application.

You may want to take a look at the code in:

      InsightApplications/
                    Auxiliary/
                          FltkImageViewer

Once you get it working in your local system, you may want
to submit it as a  paper to the Insight Journal, so we can
put it in the pipeline of code to be added to ITK in future
releases.

As a suggestion, you may want to follow the track of the code
for "clicked points", since you probably can use them as
vertices of the polygon.

You may also want to look at the implementation in SNAP
(although this one uses VTK).

--

Another good option is to use VTK and take advantage of
the recently added

                   vtkImageTracerWidget.

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkImageTracerWidget.html

         "This widget is primarily designed for
            manually tracing over image data."

This is part of a set of 3DWidget recently added to VTK in
order to facilitate the user interaction for Segmentation and
Registration method.

In this same group, the vtkSplineWidget may also be of interest:

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkSplineWidget.html

Please let us know if you find any problems,