[Insight-users] Manual drawing on fltkimage viewer display

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Fri Jan 20 17:40:43 EST 2006

Suja S wrote:

> Thanks so much for the detailed answers ,Luis.
> I am developing a tool for brain tumor segmentation using ITK & FLTK.
> Presently it does region growing segmentation, but sometimes it is
> preferred to have a ROI drawn by the end user to include or exclude a
> particular region and also to edit the final segmented output. Right
> now we use a different tool to do the drawing and editing, but it will
> be a lot easier if it can be done in the fltk image viewer where the
> seed points are clicked. That will make it a complete tool for the end
> user.
> I would love to add these capabilities to the image viewer if someone
> can direct me. Do I change the code in InsightApplications/Auxillary
> for that?

Some of that capability is already there. GLSliceView stores the list of
clicked points and their associated intensity values in an std::list.
In fact, If you fire up the ImageViewer, "T" overlays the clicked points
on the image as you click. "p" saves these clicked points in a file.

Also look at
LandmarkInitializedMutualInformationRegistration/LandmarkSliceViewer.txx
The application initializes its ROI from 4 or more clicked points. Its
rather naive in that it creates a recutangular ROI that is bounded by
these points. But at least its a starting point ...

I would suggest subclass-ing  GLSliceView to be able to draw closed
contours. (and contributing the code back, of course :) )

-karthik