[Insight-users] dgeqrf, dorgqr don't work properly

Jesse C Cronce croncejc at mrctr.upmc.edu
Wed Jan 25 16:54:33 EST 2006

All,

The dgeqrf and the dorgqr that come in the

/sw_packages/InsightToolkit-2.2.0/Utilities/vxl/v3p/netlib/

directory do not return valid results. I found this (initially) by using
octave to do [Q,R] = qr( J, 0 ) - with the blas / atlas stuff that I
have built, when I then do Q*R I end up with the original J. When the
code is linked to the libraries that are in the Insight toolkit and call
the dorgqr.c code, the value returned from Q*R is the different than J
by a large amount. Now that I have this working correctly, I'm ok, but
these functions should probably be disabled until they are fixed so that
in the future someone doesn't stumble on the same problem.

Thanks,
JCC