[Insight-users] Re: WrapITK compliments

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Wed Jul 5 14:37:28 EDT 2006

Hi,

Le 5 juil. 06 à 04:50, Jean-Marc a écrit :

> Hello Gaetan,
>
>> What is your problem ?
>
> When I build the ITK Project ( with visual studio 8 ), I get this
> bunch of errors :

<snip>

sorry, can you send it as attached file ? It is really difficult to
read with line wrap
What is you compiler ?

> Same sort of errors when building "ITKAlgorithmsTcl.lib"
>
> and of course :
>
> 19>------ Build started: Project: itkwish, Configuration: Release
> Win32 ------
> 19>Compiling...
> 19>itkTclAppInit.cxx
> 19>Compiling manifest to resources...
> 19>Linking...
> 19>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'ITKAlgorithmsTcl.lib'
> 19>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Toolkits\_build\ITK-VS\Wrapping
> \CSwig\Tcl\itkwish.dir\Release\BuildLog.htm"
> 19>itkwish - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
>
>> Have you tried WrapITK ?
>
> No, I havent - where is the cvs repository ? or is there a
> distribution ? - and a user guide ;)

You can get WrapITK with darcs (www.darcs.net), with the command

   darcs get --partial http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr/darcs/WrapITK

or download the nightly created tarball at http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr/
darcs/contrib-itk/WrapITK/WrapITK.tar.gz

There is no user guide for the tcl part of WrapITK, but WrapITK is
only a (big) rework of the current ITK's wrappers, so the use should
be very similar. You may find the examples in http://
voxel.jouy.inra.fr/darcs/contrib-itk/WrapITK/Tcl/Tests/ useful.
We (Zach and I) are python developers and have work on tcl part only
to fix bugs, and to be sure it still work. However, using WrapITK
with tcl will give you access to a lot more ITK classes than with the
current wrappers, and a more consistent naming policy.
As usual , any feedback or contribution (code or doc) on tcl part are
welcome :-)

Gaetan