[Insight-users] Writing RGBPixel images problem, Bug?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Jul 17 12:08:26 EDT 2006

Hi Bradley,

Do you have any other versions of the GCC compiler installed
in your machine ?

It is very likely that you are building the application with a
different compiler that you use for building ITK, and therefore
the typeid signatures of the RGBPixel may be different, despite
that the typeid.name() is the same.

Also, are you building ITK as shared libraries ?
if yes, are you sure that you don't have old .so libraries in
your LD_LIBRARY_PATH that may be linking against your current
application ?

Since the error is showing up at run time, it seems to indicate
a mistmatch between the configuration used for builgind the
ImageIOBase.cxx file, and the one used for building your current
application.

BTW, Yes, we are missing an XCode nightly submission to the ITK
Dashboard. It will be great if you can enable testing in your
Xcode build of ITK and contribute a submission to the Dashboard.
That will help a lot to identify the source of the problem. The
ITK test suite already includes about 10 different IO tests for
RGBPixel images.

   Please let us know what you find.