[Insight-users] Writing RGBPixel images problem, Bug?

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Mon Jul 17 13:08:14 EDT 2006

So I built ITK with xcode and no shared libraries. Then ran the tests
with the following results:

95% tests passed, 47 tests failed out of 885

The following tests FAILED:
         202 - itkCenteredRigid2DTransformTest (Failed)
         215 - itkEuler2DTransformTest (Failed)
         318 - itkVectorImageTest (Failed)
         398 - itkInverseDeformationFieldImageFilterTest (Failed)
         399 - itkIterativeInverseDeformationFieldImageFilterTest
(Failed)
         400 - itkDeformationFieldSourceTest (Failed)
         541 - itkConnectedComponentImageFilterTest (Failed)
         542 - itkConnectedComponentImageFilterTest2 (Failed)
         543 - itkConnectedComponentImageFilterTest3 (Failed)
         544 - itkMaskConnectedComponentImageFilterTest (Failed)
         545 - itkScalarConnectedComponentImageFilterTest (Failed)
         568 - itkTileImageFilterTest (Failed)
         569 - itkPushPopTileImageFilterTest (Failed)
         581 - itkVectorResampleImageFilterTest (Failed)
         631 - itkFEMRegistrationFilterTest (Failed)
         732 - itkVoronoiPartitioningImageFilterTest1 (Failed)
         733 - itkVoronoiPartitioningImageFilterTest2 (Failed)ccmake
         754 - itkTransformIOTest (Failed)
         760 - itkVectorImageReadWriteTest (Failed)
         761 - itkVectorImageReadWriteTest2 (Failed)
         764 - itkPolygonGroupSpatialObjectXMLFileTest (SEGFAULT)
         769 - itkLSMImageIOTest (Failed)
         771 - itkBMPImageIOTest (Failed)
         772 - itkBMPImageIOTest2 (Failed)
         778 - itkTIFFImageIOTest (Failed)
         779 - itkTIFFImageIOTest1 (Failed)
         780 - itkTIFFImageIOTest2 (Failed)
         781 - itkTIFFImageIOTest3 (Failed)
         782 - itkTIFFImageIOTest4 (Failed)
         783 - itkTIFFImageIOTest5 (Failed)
         784 - itkTIFFImageIOTest6 (Failed)
         785 - itkTIFFImageIOTest7 (Failed)
         786 - itkTIFFImageIOTest8 (Failed)
         787 - itkTIFFImageIOTest9 (Failed)
         788 - itkTIFFImageIOTest10 (Failed)
         792 - itkImageSeriesWriterTest (Failed)
         795 - itkPNGImageIOTest1 (Failed)
         796 - itkPNGImageIOTest2 (Failed)
         849 - itkNrrdRGBImageReadWriteTest0 (Failed)
         850 - itkNrrdRGBImageReadWriteTest1 (Failed)
         851 - itkNrrdRGBImageReadWriteTest2 (Failed)
         852 - itkNrrdRGBAImageReadWriteTest (Failed)
         856 - itkNrrdDiffusionTensor3DImageReadWriteTest (Failed)
         858 - itkNrrdComplexImageReadWriteTest (Failed)
         860 - itkNrrdVectorImageReadWriteTest (Failed)
         862 - itkNrrdCovariantVectorImageReadWriteTest (Failed)
         883 - itkSpatialObjectDuplicatorTest (SEGFAULT)

I think that this rules out that it is a linking problem or gcc
versioning. I am going to work to get a nightly build submitted to
the dashboard, so this problem is known.

On Jul 17, 2006, at 12:08 PM, Luis Ibanez wrote:

> Hi Bradley,
>
> Do you have any other versions of the GCC compiler installed
> in your machine ?
>
> It is very likely that you are building the application with a
> different compiler that you use for building ITK, and therefore
> the typeid signatures of the RGBPixel may be different, despite
> that the typeid.name() is the same.
>

> Also, are you building ITK as shared libraries ?
> if yes, are you sure that you don't have old .so libraries in
> your LD_LIBRARY_PATH that may be linking against your current
> application ?
>

> Since the error is showing up at run time, it seems to indicate
> a mistmatch between the configuration used for builgind the
> ImageIOBase.cxx file, and the one used for building your current
> application.
>

> BTW, Yes, we are missing an XCode nightly submission to the ITK
> Dashboard. It will be great if you can enable testing in your
> Xcode build of ITK and contribute a submission to the Dashboard.
> That will help a lot to identify the source of the problem. The
> ITK test suite already includes about 10 different IO tests for
> RGBPixel images.
>

>   Please let us know what you find.
>

>      Thanks
>

>         Luis
>

> --------------------------
> Bradley Lowekamp wrote:
>> That is what it produced for both compilations when I tried it.
>> On Jul 14, 2006, at 5:08 PM, Karthik Krishnan wrote:
>>> What does  the following piece of code compiled on the ppc darwin
>>> with xcode  and with unix makefiles tell you ?
>>>
>>> #include "itkRGBPixel.h"
>>> #include <iostream>
>>> int main() { std::cout  <<  typeid(itk::RGBPixel<unsigned
>>> char>).name() << std::endl; return 1; }
>>>
>>> Is it not "N3itk8RGBPixelIhEE" ?

Bradley Lowekamp
Management Systems Designers Contractor for
National Library of Medicine
blowekamp at mail.nih.gov