[Insight-users] itk java wrapper on cygwin problem (Progress)

Michael Bell michael.bell at acm.org
Mon Jul 17 14:44:03 EDT 2006

ITK people,

I have made some progress tracking down this error:
wrap_vnl_matrix.xml from gccxml_cc1plus:
 error: too many filenames given.  Type gccxml_cc1plus --help for usage
make[2]: *** [Wrapping/CSwig/VXLNumerics/wrap_vnl_matrix.xml] Error 1

This is the operation that fails (paths shortened for readability):
gccxml -fxml-start=_cable_ -fxml=wrap_vnl_matrix.xml
--gccxml-gcc-options SwigInc.txt -DCSWIG -DCABLE_CONFIGURATION
wrap_vnl_matrix.cxx

SwigInc.txt contains a list of include paths:
-I/cygdrive/d/Applications/InsightToolkit-2.8.1/Build_Cygwin
-I/cygdrive/d/Applications/InsightToolkit-2.8.1/Code/Algorithms
-I/cygdrive/d/Applications/InsightToolkit-2.8.1/Code/BasicFilters
^M

Then, it has the ^M character at the end. If I remove this character,
the xml file appears to be created correctly. Does anyone know where
this is being created, or why, or how I can prevent it? Is this an ITK
problem, or a CableSwig problem?

Please, I'm obviously willing to do the leg work, but it will take me
10 times as long to figure this out than if an ITK developer would
step up and help. I've already shown that I was not the first person
to deal with this problem, and there are likely others who have not
said anything.

thanks,
michael

michael.bell at acm.org