[Insight-users] Demons registration And Mutual Informations

Mathieu De Craene decraene at tele.ucl.ac.be
Mon Jul 24 03:03:19 EDT 2006

Le dimanche 23 juillet 2006 à 12:00 -0400, insight-users-request at itk.org
a écrit :
> Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 16:15:06 -0400
> From: Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com>
> Subject: Re: [Insight-users] Demons registration And Mutual
>         Informations
> To: remi.chapeaublanc at free.fr
> Cc: insight-users at itk.org
>

> Hi Remi,
>
> In the current form you cannot use Mutual Information
> along with the Demons deformable registration.
>
> However, relatively small modifications to the current
> class could be enough for replacing its current metric
> (Mean Squared Differences) with Mutual Information.

Hi Remi,

I have an Insight Journal paper which proposes an implementation of a
Demons deformable registration optimizing mutual information. You can
get the code and the paper here :

        http://insight-journal.org/dspace/handle/1926/183

I would be glad to help if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Mathieu.

> The HistogramMatchingImageFilter is not an Image Metric,
> and it cannot be replaced with MutualInformation.
> The Purpose of the HistogramMatching filter is to
> bring the histograms to a point where they are similar
> enough for using optical flow as a driving force for
> the Demons.
>

>      Regards,
>

>         Luis
>

> ---------------------------------
> remi.chapeaublanc at free.fr wrote:
> >
> > Dear list,
> >
> > I'm a newbew in ITK registration, and I want to know if I can use
> the Mutual
> > Information to run a Demons deformable registration ?
> >
> > Can I use the itk::MattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric instead
> of
> > itk::HistogramMatchingImageFilter ?
> >
> > I think no, but I do not know how I could do it.

Mathieu De Craene <decraene at tele.ucl.ac.be>
010 47 93 53 (lab) - 0478 51 54 54 (cell) - 010 47 20 89 (fax)
http://www.tele.ucl.ac.be/~decraene