[Insight-users] boring IJ's automatic testing

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jul 26 13:04:13 EDT 2006

Hi Gaetan,

We have acknowledged in multiple occasions your positive
contributions to the Insight Journal as well as ITK, and we
recognize that your efforts in developing and improving
WrapITK are nothing short of remarkable.

Giving you write access to the ITK CVS repository was a
concrete recognition for your valuable contributions.

However, your recent confrontational attitude is not the kind
of interaction that we want to cultivate in the ITK community.

We understand your frustration with the world not moving at the
speed that you would want it to move. We would also like to see
change happening faster, both in society and in our technical
communities.

We are very disappointed with your latest attitude towards the
developers and maintainers of both ITK and the Insight Journal.
Bashing on the support team is not going to make your requests
to be answered any faster.

It may not seem obvious from your point of view, but all the
developers in ITK and IJ are also responsible for work in many
other different projects. Delays in responding to requests are
not due to lack of interest, but simply to the unfortunate fact
that days only carry 24 hours.

We are aware that the IJ, being an experimental system, is far
from perfect, and that there are a lot of improvements to be
made in order to get it to the point where it will provide
services smoothly and seamlessly.

Revolutions are not for the impatient or for the faint of heart.
Change does not happen by simply asking for it. In order to get
the IJ web system that you are using today, (as boring as you
may find it now) we have been pushing this system for more than
three years.

The time for Open Access has come, our community will get there
by using the IJ or maybe its successors.  It may take months or
it may take decades. Evolution will continue regardless of whether
some participants get bored with the time it takes.

We look forward to work with the ITK community in order to improve
the services that the toolkit provide, and we are committed to work
on the IJ infrastructure to make it an efficient venue for publishing
technical work.