[Insight-users] Rescale Dicom images

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Fri Jul 28 11:27:46 EDT 2006

Mohamed,

	No you don't need to use any kind of filter. The ImageIO (GDCMImageIO
in this case) is doing the rescaling for you. So you do not need to (and
should not!). You can grep the code and look for a function in
itkGDCMImageIO.cxx:

// Internal function to rescale pixel according to Rescale Slope/Intercept
template<class TBuffer, class TSource>
void RescaleFunction(TBuffer* buffer, TSource *source,
                      double slope, double intercept, size_t size)

	This function is being called on any 2d frame, therefore even if you
rescale and slope are changing within the same series, the GDCMImageIO
will do the work for you to rescale properly.

	Please specify the release version of ITK you are using. If possible
send me a slice that demonstrate the the issue you are having so that I
can reproduce here on my computer.

Thanks,
Mathieu
Ps: When using ITK, you should really send your question here instead of
the general dicom newsgroup.