[Insight-users] Problem building examples

Rick Giuly rgiuly at ucsd.edu
Sat Jul 29 05:19:40 EDT 2006

Hello,

I'm using CMake to generate a Visual Studio 2003 .NET sln file from the
ITK/Examples/CMakelists.txt file. When I try to build I get many of the
"no such file" errors for .h files (example shown at the bottom of this
message).

I noticed that when I tried the HelloWorld example from the
documentation, somehow the VS project knew where the .h files were and
had no problem generating them. I suppose that is because of the way
that the CMakelists.txt for the HellowWorld application is written. Is
there some reason that the CMakelists.txt file in ITK/Examples doesn't
specify where the .h files are, or does it?

I did try including all of the .h directories by hand
(Tools/Options/...) although I assume this shouldn't be necessary, and
it actually ends up generating a bunch of different errors anyway.

Any help will be appreciated.

-Rick

------ Build started: Project: RegistrationExamplesO2, Configuration:
Debug Win32 ------

Compiling...
RegistrationExamplesO2.cxx
RegistrationExamplesO2.cxx(30) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include
file: 'vnl/vnl_sample.h': No such file or directory

Build log was saved at
"file://c:\InsightToolkit-2.8.1\Examples\Registration\RegistrationExamplesO2.dir\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
RegistrationExamplesO2 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)