[Insight-users] MRI geometric distorsion

Popa Teo popateodoru at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 1 04:13:47 EDT 2006

Hi,

  Did anybody encounter geometric distorsion in MRI images,especially high-tesla(7) fields.I found that the geometric distorsion is quite obvious when I tried to measure the distance of 3 colinear fiducials with known distance on a in-plane slice.

  Does itk have methods for correcting this distorsion (especialy on 7T magnets for example ) or this should be done by manufacturer of MRI device?

  Teo

  p.s.I know itk has some methods for correcting some characteristics of MRI images(like  MRI bias field correction itk::MIBiasFieldCorrectionFilter).

http://mail.yahoo.com