[Insight-users] Reslice volume according to 'Image Orientation' Dicom tag.

Andinet Enquobahrie andinet.enqu at kitware.com
Fri Jun 2 09:43:39 EDT 2006

Laurent PAUL wrote:

>Hi users,
>
>I get images with Image Orientation Dicom tag non equal to 1\0\0\0\1\0.
>I'd want to align rows and columns respectively on X and Y axes.
>
>I know there a class in VTK to reslice volume (great to dispaly coronal,
>sagittal and transversal views!).
>Is there an equivalent class in ITK which reslices the volume using
>Direction cosines?

Ok...first of all, use itkOriented Image instead of itkImage if you
haven't done that already. By using itk::OrientedImage, index to
physical coordinate
system transformation will take into account the direction cosines.

But, then I am not sure what you meant by reslicing the volume using
direction cosines..

if you would like to reslice an orthogonal plane, you can use
itk::ExtractImageFilter but if you would like to reslice an oblique
plane, you can use itk::ResampleImageFilter...

hth

Andinet