[Insight-users] Reslice volume according to 'Image Orientation' Dicom tag.

Laurent PAUL Laurent.Paul at orto.ucl.ac.be
Fri Jun 2 10:36:43 EDT 2006

Hi Andinet,

I would like to rotate volume aligning rows on X axe and column on Y axe.
In fact rotate the volume as if the dicom tag 'Image Orientation' was
1\0\0\0\1\0.

I found OrientImageFilter (just below OrientedImage, thanks!), I think it
can do the job.

Thanks,

Laurent.

> Laurent PAUL wrote:
>
>>Hi users,
>>I get images with Image Orientation Dicom tag non equal to 1\0\0\0\1\0.
I'd want to align rows and columns respectively on X and Y axes. I know
there a class in VTK to reslice volume (great to dispaly coronal,
sagittal and transversal views!).
>>Is there an equivalent class in ITK which reslices the volume using
Direction cosines?
> Ok...first of all, use itkOriented Image instead of itkImage if you
haven't done that already. By using itk::OrientedImage, index to
physical coordinate
> system transformation will take into account the direction cosines.
>
> But, then I am not sure what you meant by reslicing the volume using
direction cosines..

> if you would like to reslice an orthogonal plane, you can use
> itk::ExtractImageFilter but if you would like to reslice an oblique
plane, you can use itk::ResampleImageFilter...