[Insight-users] Adaptive Meshing for FEM - Registration

Markus Weigert m.weigert at fz-juelich.de
Mon Jun 12 11:57:42 EDT 2006

Hi Nick,

if I see this the right way, the only way to achieve this kind of meshing would
be to use the ITK - Mesh and create a mesh - input file from this mesh, which the FEM - Filter
can read, right?
I didn't have a look at the itk mesh yet, but is it appropriate for tatrahedral mesh generation which
can be used to create a fem - mesh?

Further question:

What is the concrete function of these lines (taken from software guide), why two different
membrane - types, which one is actually created?:

 typedef itk::fem::Element3DC0LinearHexahedronMembrane   Element3DType;
 typedef itk::fem::Element3DC0LinearTetrahedronMembrane  Element3DType2;

  {
//  Software Guide : BeginCodeSnippet
  Element3DType::LoadImplementationFunctionPointer fp =
    &itk::fem::ImageMetricLoadImplementation<ImageLoadType>::ImplementImageMetricLoad;
  DispatcherType::RegisterVisitor((ImageLoadType*)0,fp);
//  Software Guide : EndCodeSnippet
  }
  {
  Element3DType2::LoadImplementationFunctionPointer fp =
    &itk::fem::ImageMetricLoadImplementation<ImageLoadType>::ImplementImageMetricLoad;
  DispatcherType2::RegisterVisitor((ImageLoadType*)0,fp);
  }

Regards,
Markus