[Insight-users] problem with Bspline parameters for DeformableRegistration7

Xiao Han elehanx at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 17:12:14 EDT 2006

I am trying to use the nonlinear BSpline registration method as coded
in DeformableRegistration7, but had some problem with tuning the BSpline
parameters. I hope someone can provide me some insights.

I am registering two images of size 150x150x21. The default parameters in
DeformableRegistration7 works well, but the deformation field is a little
over-smooth. I tried thus to increase the BSpline grid size. However, when I
tried to do that,  the program always stops in one iteration, and gives a
deformation field filled with zeros.
In particular, I was trying to change the line
  gridSizeOnImage.Fill( 5);
to something like
  gridSizeOnImage.Fill( 6 ).
But any value higher than 5 will give a final result of zero displacement
(and the program stops in one iteration).

I am using ITK version 2.4.

Thanks in advance,

-Xiao