[Insight-users] Problems compiling code using itkDeformableSimplexMesh3DFilter

Gessat, Michael Michael.Gessat at medizin.uni-leipzig.de
Fri Mar 3 06:54:49 EST 2006

Hi everybody,

I just started away using itk, so maybe my question is rather silly. But
since I didn't find it answered somewhere in the web, I found it worth
asking anyway:

here's what I try to compile:

-------------------------------------
typedef float itkPixelType;
typedef itk::SimplexMesh< itkPixelType, 3> itkSimplexMeshType;
typedef
itk::DeformableSimplexMesh3DBalloonForceFilter<itkSimplexMeshType,
itkSimplexMeshType> itkDeformableSimplexMesh3DBalloonForceFilterType;

itkDeformableSimplexMesh3DBalloonForceFilterType::Pointer deformator =
itkDeformableSimplexMesh3DBalloonForceFilterType::New();
--------------------------------------

and here's what I get from the compiler (VC6):

C:\src\itk\InsightToolkit-2.4.1\Code\Algorithms\itkDeformableSimplexMesh
3DFilter.txx(161) : error C2679: Binaerer Operator '=' : Kein Operator
definiert, der einen rechtsseitigen Operator vom Typ 'class
itk::Point<float,3>' akzeptiert (oder keine geeignete Konvertierung
moeglich)

So he's telling me, that he has a syntax-conflict in
itkDeformableSimplexMesh3DFilter.txx in line 161. He doesn't find an
'='-Operator for 'class itk::Point<float,3>' as it is used in the line
in question in the Initialize()-Method of
itkDeformableSimplexMesh3DFilter:

data->pos = points.Value();

Did I use a wrong type somewhere in my defines or what went wrong?

I hope I provided all needed Information.

Cheers,
Michael